Client: US Food Service and their event management agency.
Program: The Company was looking to surprise over 1,000 of their top performing executives and their spouses at US Food Service’s annual event in Florida.
Challenge: To create a unique event that would tie in their dominance in the Food Service sector with a Celebrity Chef who owns restaurants that are US Food Service customers.
The “Basket Items”: Celebrity Chef Network (“CCN”) was challenged with finding a top level chef with the following assets:
- Had a highly rated Television show
- Was a NY Best-selling Author
- Had created a once in a lifetime experience previously
- Utilized US Food Service at their restaurant(s)
- Felt comfortable creating a meal for over 1,000 and working with the staff and Executive chef from the venue
The Execution: Celebrity Chef Network was retained to perform the following tasks:
- Research elite Celebrity Chefs that met the above criteria
- Vet those Celebrity Chefs for any type of recent negative press
- Confirm fee for the above services including costs associated with:
- The Celebrity Chef’s performance rider
- Securing private aviation to Chef’s specifications and location
- Working with the event management company on solidifying and confirming the event’s menu
- Negotiate Celebrity Chef’s fee within client’s budget
- Establish onsite logistics and post event agenda for book signing
- Most attended event by spouses
- Over 95% approval rating by all attendees
- The response was so positive that US Food Service hired Celebrity Chef Mario Batali again the following year